Archive for April, 2011
Tutorial using a Tripp-lite IS1000 isolation transformer.
- What I bought for my tech bench.
- Some models and prices of isolation transformers.
- How to alter a public version into a tech version.
- Helpful tips on using your oscilloscope safely with and without an isolation transformer.
- How to be a little safer when working with high voltage live mains
These would be good tech isolation transformers that don’t need to be modified:
4.30A isolation transformer, 115/115VAC, 500VA
4.00A benchtop isolation transformer, 115/115VAC, 450VA
2.50A isolation transformer, 120VAC/120VAC, 300VA
1.25A isolation transformer, BK Precision BK1604A
0.43A isolation transformer, 115VAC, 50VA
A video on how to tune your own piano using an oscilloscope. I think it’s an interesting use of an oscilloscope!